Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trip trip tripitty...


mmm twine (pic stolen from the Fred blog)

Fred The Needle at Penrith has been my favourite scrap/fabric store for years. Simone and Gilly are precious friends and I love their talent for finding great new stuff. They can spot a trend a mile off and always know where to put their hand on that perfect item to finish off your latest work in progress.

So Saturday started out as a normal 'fruit of the womb' free day for me and ended with a stash top up lol Who'd have thought that the lure of a scrap shop would be too strong to resist? It was a four shop marathon! Online shopping is really convenient but scrapping is tactile and I need to fondle future purchases.


The displays at Fred are gorgeous too. I bought a gorgeous cake cloche which I will use to display stuff.


Best news ever is that Words or Whatever (WOW) chipboard have teamed up with Fred The Needle and produce exclusive chipboard products. So yummy! Cameos, doily hearts, dovecotes and gorgeous pennant banners, some with scalloped edges.

I recently made this bracelet from the Cameo chipboard. Underneath this bracelet is my new doily tablecloth. Awesome find!


Once again just plugging my favourite stores cos I get so much enjoyment from them. 

Lib x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails