Friday, September 10, 2010

... there is only one minute at a time to get through.

Not sure where to start... I just know I want to.

I don't often get too into my personal life here on my crafty blog. However I have been through a major life change and I'm only just getting to be able to face the world again.

It was 25th July at about 4pm. I took a call from a friend of Damian's - the girl's dad. The friend told me that Damian had been helicoptered to the John Hunter Hospital after a catastrophic car accident and he was sorry to be the one to tell me... but Damian looked like he wasn't going to make it. I went straight to the hospital and so began the hardest, most horrific and devastating 2 weeks of my life.

It's now more than a month later and I only just now feel like a person who can keep their shit together. I went straight back to work after Damian's family left here. I have got up most mornings and got on with it. I am now the only parent. I have nothing to say here about Damian other than the fact that I am so terribly sad for the situation. So bone wearily sad. He really cannot be anything other than gone.

I have been crafting. It helped my sanity... REALLY! I will share soon.

Give me strength...

Lib x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs Libby. x

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you :) xoxox

skrapkatz said...

Still thinking of you pet, and you knoe that I am very close by, and you only need to call and I will be there in 5 minutes ........love you lots xxxxx

Chris Millar said...

Hello Miss Lib! So lovely to have you drop by my blog and yes, as crazy as it sounds I'm a poker addict! I suppose it does have quite a 'wild west' image, but is quite safe, no bar room brawls or shot outs!lol Just been catching up on your blog and can see that your 2010 was sad like ours. I'm so sorry to hear about the girls Dad and I hope that you girls are all surrounding yourself with love each and every day! Hugs for you all xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails